15.6.07

Skippy

I've been pretty responsible lately. And I make myself proud.

I've read Anthony Bourdain's laugh-out-loud book 'A Cook's Tour' and now I'm reading the starting pages of Nigel Slater's 'Toast'. I'm discovering my blatant foodieness and I fear (and secretly hope) that I'll end up something like my sister, Marishka, who is in advertising and is an utter foodie. She loves to cook and I love to cook. I'll be hosting my second cooking party (details about the first one in a bit) and I've been craving for things I don't normally crave for. Isaw, grilled livestock (usually pork or chicken) intestine, is great when it's there and when I have my classmates around me seeking a short break from the oil paints and dangerously addictive thinner fumes, but to atcually go to the talipapa, wet market, just for me if quite odd. I even seared them for a bit to make the gumminess just a tad crisp and ate them with chopsticks. I know, what the fuck right?

It's Bourdain's fault!!

###

Last monday, a day before classes started (the usual mass and orientation for the freshies) I conducted a cooking party in hopes of celebrating, for the last time, our summer as students. I e-mailed my class that weekend (because getting permission to go to a dinner party is better than getting permission to batangas) and presented them with this menu:

Appetizers:
Fresh pita pizza points

Main Course:
Inihaw na liempo with mango salsa
Mashed Veg
Herbed and Garlic Rice

Dessert:
Pacenciawich (Pacencia cookies with sweet cream and fruit)
Espresso n' Cream (Vanilla Ice Cream with Brewed Coffee)

Brewed Coffee

The food was good (though some of them didn't turn up as planned) the atmosphere frantic, hot, crazy but incredibly fun and rewarding. I'm quite glad only a handful were able to make it, because the setting is more intimate. There were no private conversations at one edge of the table and no one was left out. I am super duper glad that everyone had fun and are raring for a second round! :D

HOSHIT! I have to prepare a menu!

This is gonna be fun!!

###

So far, so good. I just need faith in my life and I'm set. :) :)

###

Also, I would also like to thank Petter for being absolutely awesome ;D ;D

Lovingly yours,
Creole

P.S.
School has started and Addos always seem to meet up after every class. ILOVEIT!

No comments: