24.7.07

Lady Snowflake aka Ruth Creole

You know what's funny? Visiting your old fanfiction.net account and reading your old fan fiction. I read one story and anticipated a rush of embarrassment but I was surprised at how 'OK' I was. I didn't care if I was a good writer, I just did it. Fan fiction then, was my escape. I created loads of worlds that stretched my knowledge of a particular fandom to the limit so I can justify everything I brought about. It was fantastic! I could make my favorite characters dance in my head and, no matter how silly or out of character it was, I enjoyed myself immensely.

Now, whenever I write (fan fiction or some other written form) I have this little monster in my head that pressures me to be good at it. I'm not bad, I'm just all over the place.

Another surprise greeted me. A rather recent review for that one fic. It was dated 2006-07-14 even though it was last updated on 05-22-02. AMAZING.

I wanna get back into writing fics!

###

By the by.


HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS IS MADE OF WIN

No comments: